CIPP/C Certification for Credit Union Privacy Professionals
Distinguish yourself in the field of Privacy with a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C) credential from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). When you earn a CIPP/C, you show that you have an understanding and appreciation of Canadian information privacy laws, principles and practices at the federal, provincial and territorial levels.
A CIPP/C credential ensures you share common knowledge and understanding with your colleagues in related practice areas within the credit union, including information security, marketing, IT, compliance and product development.
The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is hosting a 3-day virtual training session with Fazila Nurani (trainer) to prepare for CIPP/C certification through the IAPP. CIPP/C certification is obtained by passing an examination through the IAPP. CCUA’s training session does not include the exam sitting. You will receive an IAPP kit (training for 1 student on the CIPP/C) that includes:
- Licensing fee for the participant to train on this designation,
- Electronic materials including Study Guide and e-textbook (Canadian Privacy – Data Protection Law and Policy for the Practitioner),
- Sample Exam Questions,
- Exam Voucher, and
- A year of IAPP Membership
Course material is updated with latest developments in the field of privacy law and best practice.
What You’ll Learn:
- Canadian Privacy Fundamentals
- The Canadian Government and Legal System
- Enforcement Agencies and Powers
- Canadian Privacy Laws and Practices in the Private Sector
- Canadian Privacy Laws and Practices in the Health and Public Sectors
- Relevant investigations/case law for credit unions to be aware of
NOTE: All content will be made relevant to credit unions with lots of examples and discussion of credit union specific privacy issues and practices.
Date: Feb 17-19, 2021, 11:30 AM to 4:00 PM EST
- $2000 for Loyalty Program members (formerly Cusource corporate members)
- $2400 for pay as you go
Registration is limited to 20. Due to the need to register students with the IAPP and obtain the IAPP kits, CCUA will be unable to accept registrations after Friday, February 12, 2021.
If you have any questions, please contact Brenda King.