CCUA is dedicated and committed to the growth and sustainability of credit unions in Canada. We are your national association. We are your voice. We work for you and we provide a unique set of products and services designed specifically to benefit credit unions, their employees, and the credit union system as a whole.
Access Member-Only Content
If you are an employee or director of a member credit union, caisse Populaire (outside of Quebec) or a regional Central, you are eligible to access member-only content through our website by creating an account.
If you would like your credit union to become member of CCUA, contact email@example.com for more information.
Products and Services
As a member of CCUA, you are part of a community of your peers that have chosen to work together to advance the common interests of the Canadian credit union sector. We offer the following products and services:
- Policy: We advocate for supportive legislative and regulatory policy development.
- Government Relations: We work to improve federal and provincial legislation impacting credit unions.
- Compliance: We support credit unions in meeting compliance expectations.
- National Awareness: We develop and share national marketing campaigns and proactive communications to increase national awareness of credit unions.
- Research: We provide access to research and reports that positively influence credit union strategies
- Reputation Management: We provide coordinated system responses to emerging, high profile and crisis communications, and we enhance perceptions of credit unions with decision makers and influencers.
- Professional Development: We deliver best-in-class education for directors and employees.
- Events: We host national events, industry-leading forums and complimentary webinars that promote system-wide learning and collaboration.
- System Facilitation: Webring credit unions together to support system growth through committees and working groups.
- Insights and Trends: We identify and communicate emerging trends and industry insights.
- Data: We collect and analyze robust data to inform advocacy and awareness and to prepare valuable System Results Reports including the Top 100 Credit Union Report.
- Managed Services: We deliver value-added services created for credit unions.
- Publications: We deliver national publications, newsletters and a number of industry-specific reports to help our members to stay on top of the trends and challenges in the financial services sector.
A Strong Voice for Canada’s Credit Unions
- Government relations – federal and provincial (BC, Ontario, Saskatchewan & Atlantic)
- Legislative and regulatory interpretation
- Targeted advocacy on key issues – banking terminology, regulatory burden
- Representation on key industry bodies – WOCCU, C.D. Howe
- Raising awareness of credit unions among Canadians
- Media relations representing the system
Practical resources to support your business
- National trademarks including Hands & Globe Marks
- Employee and Director education
- A full suite of multi-media training solutions and customized courses
- Compliance guidance & tools
- Research & Marketing materials and subscriptions
- Access to industry research
- Publications & Communications to keep credit unions current- Enterprise, Spark and weekly Connections newsletter
Convening the system and connecting credit unions
- Annually – CCUA National Conference
- Bi-annually – National Lenders, Treasury, Commercial Business
- Other events: Research symposium, targeted forums, other industry events.
- System Briefs, Newsletters & Communications
- Thought leadership on important issues- open banking
- Over 16 committees and working groups
For more information, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Committees and Working Groups
We connect credit unions, Centrals and strategic partner organizations to collaborate and exchange knowledge and information, enabling our members to provide strategic input to the work of the association.Learn More Committees and Working Groups
We work in partnership with governments at all levels to allow credit unions to promote public policy solutions that contribute to economic growth, banking innovation, social impact and greater community prosperity.Learn More Government Relations
We offer best-in-class training and development for credit union employees and directors in a variety of formats to accommodate different learning styles and learning objectives. All programs are designed specifically for the credit union system, often by credit union professionals.Learn More Cusource® Education