Digital Badges and Certificates
Digital credentials help our learners better promote, and gain recognition for, their accomplishments and skills.
What is it?
CUIC has launched digital credentials for each of the accreditations and designations currently offered to credit union employee and board members. The goal of offering digital credentials is to increase learner recognition and motivate continuous skill development.
Each digital badge provides a visual representation of the earned credential and when clicked, links to more information about the credential such as the date issued, skills acquired, how it was earned and the authority of the organization issuing it. This information helps others understand the criteria met to earn the credential.
How it works: Learn it. Earn it. Share it.
As learners progress through each level of a CUIC program, they will be awarded with a “micro-credential” badge. Once all levels are complete and the student has graduated, they will be rewarded with a final digital accreditation or designation badge and a print-ready digital certificate.
Value and Benefits of Digital Credentials
For the learner:
- Instantly shareable online, on email signatures and on social media
- Displays skills and competencies to anyone across organizations, industries and countries
- Recognition for current and prior learning
- Motivation to keep learning and to mark progress with micro-credentials
- Create a portfolio of marketable skills
- Achievements are verifiable and detailed helping learners, educators and employers discover the value behind each credential
- Outlines the work and effort that was put in to achieve the credential
For your credit union:
- Identifying job candidates who have the required skills
- Providing the right type of focused training to new or transitioning employees who need to improve their skills
- Promoting the credentials of your employees on your website
For your members:
- Confidence in the knowledge and ability of your employees to serve them
What Digital Credentials Are Available?
- Accredited Financial Service Representative – now available
- Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director – now available
- Accredited Consumer and Residential Mortgage Lender – now available
- Accredited Business Lender – now available
- Accredited Member Service Representative (for MSRs and call centre representatives) – coming soon
- Fellow of the Credit Union Institute of Canada (FCUIC) – earned by graduates of the General Business Studies Program (GSP) – now available
- Associate of the Credit Union Institute of Canada (ACUIC) – earned by graduates of the Management Studies Program (MSP) – now available
View each of the digital credentials here: credentials.ccua.com
For more information, or to register for any of our programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.888.367.1386.