The Financial Service Representative (FSR) Development Program is a three-tiered training program specifically for FSRs working in the credit union system. The program has been designed to move the FSR from introductory to an academic level of knowledge over a 4-year period. As learners work their way through each level of the program, they will be awarded with a digital badge to mark their achievements.
The FSR Development Program is comprised of three tiers (foundational, applied, and advanced/academic):
Tier 1: Foundational Skills
Introductory knowledge for FSRs to assist members with transactional lending or investing inquiries in the first three to nine months in their role.
- Product and Service Knowledge Assessment
- Spotting Quality Referrals
- Core Credit Knowledge
- FSR Start Series:
- Applied Financial Guidance
Tier 2: Applied Skills
These courses will ensure an FSR is given an opportunity to apply the knowledge they have obtained and continue their growth 12 to 24 months in their role.
- Business Structures in Canada
- Handling Estates – The Fundamentals
- Managing the Chronic Credit Seeker
- Managing High-Income, High-Net-Worth Members
- Recommending Insured Mortgages with Improvements
- Understanding Time Value of Money
- A Frontline Guide to the Mutual Fund Industry
- Talking Pensions at Any Life Stage
- RRSPs: The Fundamentals
- TFSAs: The Fundamentals
- Applied Residential Mortgage Lending
- Applied Consumer Lending
Learners will receive a certificate of completion when all foundational and applied level courses are complete.
Tier 3: Advanced Skills
In years 3 and 4, the FSR will be challenged to formally apply their skills and test their knowledge through a series of formal learning and facilitated eClass deliveries.
- CUIC 210 Consumer and Residential Mortgage Lending
(self-study or cohort)
- CUIC 240 Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning
(self-study or cohort)
- Applied Delinquency and Collections (eClass)
- Working with Multi-Purpose Mortgages (eClass)
After completing all components, FSRs can apply to graduate. The FSR Accreditation is conferred jointly by CUIC Inc (CUIC) and Dalhousie University.
Ready to get started?
Register for the FSR Learning Path activity in CCUA Campus.
Contact Client Solutions at 1.888.367.1386 or firstname.lastname@example.org for questions and/or registration information.
Special thanks to Assiniboine Credit Union, Steinbach Credit Union, Westoba Credit Union and Access Credit Union for collaborating and supporting the development of this program.