CUDA® Program and Director Accreditation
New directors want a better understanding of their role and of the business for which they are accountable. Experienced directors want to be-in-the know about current governance issues and trends. Both groups are in constant search for ways of strengthening their corporate governance practices. The highly respected Credit Union Director Achievement (CUDA) Program has been designed to meet these needs.
The CUDA program delivers the most current thinking about credit union corporate governance in Canada in three progressive levels. Below is a breakdown of the courses required to complete each level. All CUDA courses are offered as either an online eClass or regional classroom sessions.:
Note: CCUA Campus login is required. To request an account, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level A: Foundations of Governance
Level B: Governance in Action
Directors who complete all three levels of the CUDA Program will become a CUDA Graduate and receive a digital badge and CUDA grad certificate to recognize their achievement.
Directors who have achieved CUDA Graduate status and have served on a credit union board for at least two years may write a qualifying exam to become an Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director (ACCUD). This designation is awarded jointly by Dalhousie University and the Credit Union Institute of Canada (CUIC®).
Continuing Education (CE)
To maintain their ACCUD designation, a total of four (4) CE credits must be completed annually. Accredited directors can earn CE credits in the following ways:
- Completing CE courses outlined in Cusource® Director catalogue (1 CE credit per hour of learning)
- Attending the CCUA National Conference (4 CE credits)
- Participating in the Director Stream of the National Mentorship Program (2-5 CE credits)
- Joining Cusource governance webinars (1 CE credit/hour)
- Joining CCUA governance related webinars (1 CE credit/hour)
- Completing non-Cusource governance training (1 CE credit/hour)
- Attending director training events (up to 4 CE credits)
- Other activities as approved by the CUIC Registrar (up to 4 CE credits)
Upcoming Director Training
We host a variety of eClasses, workshops and webinars for credit union directors throughout the year. See what’s coming up!Learn more Upcoming Director Training