The Business Professional Development Program (BPDP) is a premier learning program for employees who deliver services to business members, including partners from: cash management, credit risk and underwriting.
BPDP provides the tools needed to strengthen business member relationships, increase business development activities and proactively manage risk associated with business accounts. Past participants report seeing an increase share of wallet for their assigned accounts, year after year.
This facilitated program uses credit union scenarios to help new account managers handle delicate conversations, including some of the most difficult around loan collection and delinquency concerns.
This ten month program is delivered as a cohort once per year. Registration opens for each cohort in the fall with the kickoff taking place early in the new year. The program consists of 21 sessions (approximately two 1-hour online sessions per month) and 3 knowledge assessments. Upon completion, participants will receive a BPDP certificate of completion demonstrating valuable and desired skills required for successful business account management.
These 21 session topics have been identified by credit union leaders as the desired skills and learning opportunities for their employees who support business members:
- Introduction to Business EQ
- Member Snapshot
- Member Experience Measures
- Business Accounts and Lending Products
- Foundational Credit Structuring Principles
- ABC’s of Non-Financial Risk
- Leveraging Research Tools
- High Impact Business Writing
- Third-Party Loan Support
- Best Practices for Member Management
- Best Practice for Documentation and Monitoring
- Introduction to Business Development – Identifying New Opportunities
- Effective Cash Management Discussion
- Business Transition Planning
- Wealth Management and Building High Impact Relationships
- Understanding Working Capital
- Commercial Real Estate Lending
- Steps to Building Your Personal Brand
- Negotiation Skills
- Business Development Excellence and Your Pipeline
- Cash Flow Lending
For learners who have already taken some of these courses individually, credits earned can be applied towards achieving the BPDP certificate. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize registration in the remaining courses OR to ensure you’re ready to jump into the program in February.
Note: CCUA Campus login is required to register. To request an account, contact email@example.com.
“Thanks to the BPDP program I’ve been performing more in-depth analysis of financial information and am communicating more with members.”
Mirielle Smith, Commercial Account Manager with Caisse Financial Group “
“I have noticed tremendous improvements in Mirielle’s confidence with regards to all aspects of Account Management, and she has taken on more complex files as a result.”
Mirielle’s manager, François Lambert, Director, Commercial Services,Urban Region, Caisse Financial Group
Our past participants have seen impressive business results and improvements in the following areas since participating in the program.
For more information contact Client Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org.