The 2022 National Mentorship Program (NMP) site is now open. Click here to join the mentoring community in MentorCity: CCUA’s National Mentorship Program Site
This program helps connect experienced leaders and board directors with those looking for guidance, support and skill development in their roles. The mentorship program also allows leaders to transfer their unique knowledge of the system to their mentees, enabling them to grow their careers and fulfill their full potential – a win-win for the mentees and the credit union system as a whole!
The program is fully funded by CCUA and offers mentorship opportunities across four streams in full digital format. The program opens each year in April with mentor/mentee matching taking place until May 1. Mentoring matches remain until the program closes in November.
- Director Stream: Collaborate and connect with directors from other provinces or credit unions. Earn up to 5 CE credits if you are an ACCUD (Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director) by being a mentor or mentee.
- Women’s Stream: The goal of this stream is to give women additional support and confidence to take that next career step.
- Leadership Stream: This long-standing stream is open to leaders in senior positions wanting to mentor an employee in any operational area and those who are looking to build leadership capacity.
- Diversity and Inclusion Stream: This stream pairs credit union professionals who have had success implementing DEI standards and practices in their workplace with those looking for guidance /best practices to do the same at their credit union.
The program runs from April – November and the average time commitment is 2 hours per month.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Mentors: We’re looking for experienced leaders and board directors with skills and experiences they are willing to share.
- Mentees: Any credit union employee or director who has the desire to build skills or abilities and accept coaching from another.
View testimonial videos from past mentors and mentees here.
2022 Informational Webinar
Learn more about the program, its benefits and how it works. View the recording from our informational webinar that took place on March 28 here.
Mentees reported an average 7% increase in their level of on-the-job confidence after participating in the program, and 90% plan to stay in touch with their mentor after the program ends.
Mentors from last year’s program received a strong average rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 from past participants!
“(NMP) was a great experience. I was matched with my ideal mentor and learned so much and grew a lot during my time with him. I was then able to transfer that knowledge to my mentee and then back to help as an advisor to our internal young leaders committee.”Donnie Ungaro – Interior Savings
“This program and the interaction between credit union employees only serves to make the whole credit union industry better and stronger”– Past Participant
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Previous participants: Email email@example.com to have your profile reactivated. Once reactivated, you may update your profile as required (e.g. competencies and stream)
CCUA’s NMP community takes place inside MentorCity. This digital platform is designed to ensure you find your perfect mentoring match based on common strengths and development areas. Create your profile here.
To get started:
- Take time to build your profile – this will ensure you have better quality searches and matches.
- You will need to select one of the four streams in this year’s program – Leadership, Women, Directors and Diversity & Inclusion.
- Once your profile is complete you can start searching for a mentoring partner – Watch this short video to learn how.
- The platform is equipped with the digital tools you need to stay connected with your mentor or mentee – Watch this short video to learn more.
- Plus, we have added tons of resources to help you build a plan, set goals, and stay motivated – check out the resource area once you have logged in.
Once your profile is created, you can search for your match! Click on Find Mentor or Find Mentee and follow these steps:
- Enter the criteria that are important to you such as specialized skills
- Click on ‘Save and Search’
- Review the profiles
- Click on a profile which interests you
- Review the profile in detail
- At the bottom of the page, write an invitation
- Click on ‘Send Invitation’
Once you are matched – the mentoring relationship can begin!
Find your mentor / mentee under the Relationships section of the MentorCity site. Click their name to open your mentoring relationship page with that person. From here you can:
- Plan your relationship (e.g. frequency of meetings, length of meetings, etc.)
- Set goals
- Create send messages
- Schedule and join meetings.
All meetings with your mentor/mentee can be scheduled and joined through MentorCity.
The First Meeting
- Log in to MentorCity
- Select “Join Meeting” from your mentoring relationship page to virtually call your mentor/mentee through MentorCity.
- Discuss your goals and complete the Mentoring Action Plan (optional) found under the “Resources” section to clearly identify mutual expectations and goals.
You might find the resource Successful Mentoring Meetings useful.
For more helpful document and guides, visit the Resources section of MentorCity.
- Schedule your regular meetings and conduct them through the “Join Meeting” feature
- Communicate as needed
- Have fun!
The Mentor and Mentee will both need to complete a Program Evaluation to end the relationship
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org