The National Mentorship Program (NMP) pairs industry leaders with employees identified as future leaders in the credit union system. The program is fully funded by CCUA and offers mentorship opportunties across four streams in full digital format.
- Director Stream: Collaborate and connect with directors from other provinces or credit unions. Earn up to 5 CE credits if you are an ACCUD (Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director) by being a mentor or mentee.
- Digital Agility Stream: An opportunity for digital experts to step up and mentor colleagues. Gain new leadership skills and help others learn about today’s digital landscape.
- Women’s Stream: The goal of this stream is to give women additional support and confidence to take that next career step.
- Leadership Stream: This long-standing stream is open to leaders in senior positions wanting to mentor an employee in any operational area and those who are looking to build leadership capacity.
The National Mentorship program is delivered in full digital format through MentorCity®, an online mentoring community.
“This program and the interaction between credit union employees only serves to make the whole credit union industry better and stronger”
Who is eligible?
- Mentors: We’re looking for experienced leaders, directors and digital savvy employees with skills and experiences they are willing to share.
- Mentees: Any credit union employee or director who has the desire to build skills or abilities and accept coaching from another.
- Registration: Registration opens on April 20. Check back for full registration details!
- Program Duration: The program runs from May – November each year.
- Time commitment: Average time commitment is 2 hours per month plus preparation time. Mentoring pairs determine their own meeting schedule.
- Mentoring Meetings: As Mentoring pairs are typically matched out-of-province, they “meet” by phone, Skype, Google Hangouts etc.
- Cost: There is no cost to apply or participate in the National Mentoring Program. Direct costs may include communication (e.g. long distance phone costs) or resource materials (books, articles, etc.)
For more information contact: NMP@ccua.com