Registration has closed for the 2020 National Mentorship Program (NMP). The program pairs industry leaders with employees identified as future leaders in the credit union system. The program is fully funded by CCUA and offers mentorship opportunties across four streams in full digital format. The program opens each year in April and closes in November.
- Director Stream: Collaborate and connect with directors from other provinces or credit unions. Earn up to 5 CE credits if you are an ACCUD (Accredited Canadian Credit Union Director) by being a mentor or mentee.
- Digital Agility Stream: An opportunity for digital experts to step up and mentor colleagues. Gain new leadership skills and help others learn about today’s digital landscape.
- Women’s Stream: The goal of this stream is to give women additional support and confidence to take that next career step.
- Leadership Stream: This long-standing stream is open to leaders in senior positions wanting to mentor an employee in any operational area and those who are looking to build leadership capacity.
The program runs from May – November each year and the average time commitment is 2 hours per month.
“This program and the interaction between credit union employees only serves to make the whole credit union industry better and stronger”
Who is eligible?
- Mentors: We’re looking for experienced leaders, directors and digital savvy employees with skills and experiences they are willing to share.
- Mentees: Any credit union employee or director who has the desire to build skills or abilities and accept coaching from another.
Previous participants: Email email@example.com to have your profile reactivated. Once reactivated, you may update your profile as required (e.g. competencies and stream)
Once your profile is created, you can search for your match! Click on Find Mentor or Find Mentee and follow these steps:
- Enter the criteria that are important to you such as specialized skills
- Click on ‘Save and Search’
- Review the profiles
- Click on a profile which interests you
- Review the profile in detail
- At the bottom of the page, write an invitation
- Click on ‘Send Invitation’
Once you are matched – the mentoring relationship can begin!
Find your mentor / mentee under the Relationships section of the MentorCity site. Click their name to open your mentoring relationship page with that person. From here you can:
- Plan your relationship (e.g. frequency of meetings, length of meetings, etc.)
- Set goals
- Create send messages
- Schedule and join meetings.
All meetings with your mentor/mentee can be scheduled and joined through MentorCity.
The First Meeting
- Log in to MentorCity
- Select “Join Meeting” from your mentoring relationship page to virtually call your mentor/mentee through MentorCity.
- Discuss your goals and complete the Mentoring Action Plan (optional) found under the “Resources” section to clearly identify mutual expectations and goals.
You might find the resource Successful Mentoring Meetings useful.
For more helpful document and guides, visit the Resources section of MentorCity.
- Schedule your regular meetings and conduct them through the “Join Meeting” feature
- Communicate as needed
- Have fun!
The Mentor and Mentee will both need to complete a Program Evaluation to end the relationship
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org