2020 National Credit Union Award WinnersJune 19, 2020
For over 80 years, the National Credit Union Awards have served as a platform to shine the spotlight on outstanding leadership, community involvement and ingenuity across the sector. It’s an opportunity for the system to gather together, honour accomplishments, learn from one another, and celebrate the innovation that stems from Canadian credit unions.
Every award season the system is reminded of the great impact delivered by credit unions across the country, and this year was no different. All the winning projects and initiatives highlight the inspiring contributions credit unions make to their members, communities and Canadians.
Congratulations to all the 2020 National Credit Union Awards recipients:
- Best of Marketing Award – Tandia Financial Credit Union’s ‘Hamilton Cooks’ project
- Community Economic Development Award – Conexus Credit Union’s ‘Sweet Dreams Project’
- Innovation Award – Meridian Credit Union’s ‘Price Drop’ program
- Social Responsibility Award – Coast Capital Savings’ ‘Help Heroes Employee Volunteer Program’
- Learning Excellence – Assiniboine Credit Union’s ‘Learning Café’
- National Young Leader Award:
- Kyle Setter – Connect First Credit Union
- Emily Strybosch – Libro Credit Union
- Jessica Thiessen – Prospera Credit Union
- Garrett Jones – First West Credit Union
- Joel Graham – Conexus Credit Union ($10,000 Scholarship Winner)
In case you missed yesterday’s virtual event celebrating these wins, you can watch the recording here to learn more about each of these award-winning programs.