Canadian Credit Unions now offer Interac® Debit on Samsung PayMarch 13, 2019
Toronto, ON — The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) announced today that Steinbach Credit Union (Manitoba) is the first credit union in Canada to launch Interac Debit on Samsung Pay. Steinbach Credit Union members can now make purchases directly from their chequing or savings accounts at retailers displaying the Interac Flash logo using eligible Samsung devices.
“Samsung Pay offers Canadian credit union members yet another digital payment option that is simple, secure and convenient,” said Martha Durdin, President & CEO, CCUA. “The Canadian credit union sector strives to provide the latest mobile payment options to meet the evolving needs of our members.”
Samsung Pay is a collaborative development involving some of Canada’s largest credit unions. CCUA partnered with Interac Corp. and Everlink Payment Services to deliver Interac Debit on Samsung Pay. It provides consumers with a seamless mobile payment solution that is designed for:
- Simplicity: To make a payment on Samsung Pay, users can simply swipe up, scan their fingerprint, iris or input their four-digit PIN, or tap
- Security: Samsung Pay uses three different levels of security to enable secure payments – Fingerprint Authentication, tokenization and Samsung KNOX, Samsung’s defense-grade mobile security platform
- Convenience: Users can pay at retailers displaying the Interac Flash logo.
Other Canadian credit unions involved in the development of Samsung Pay for credit unions include:
– Affinity Credit Union;
– Assiniboine Credit Union;
– Cambrian Credit Union;
– Conexus Credit Union;
– Connect First Credit Union;
– First West Credit Union;
– Libro Credit Union;
– Prospera Credit Union;
– Servus Credit Union.
Samsung Pay is available for download from the Samsung Apps Galaxy Store and Google Play. More information is also available at http://pages.samsung.com/ca/samsungpay/English/
*Interac, the Interac logo, Interac Flash, Interac Debit, Interac Online and Interac e-Transfer are trade-marks of Interac Inc. Used under license. * All Interac cardholders are protected from losses resulting from circumstances beyond their control under the Interac Zero Liability Policy. See your financial institution for details.