CIPP/C Certification Training for Credit Union Privacy Professionals
Distinguish yourself in the field of Privacy with a Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada (CIPP/C) credential from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
When you earn a CIPP/C certification, you show that you have an understanding and application of Canadian information privacy laws, principles and practices at the federal, provincial and territorial levels.
A CIPP/C credential ensures you share common knowledge and understanding with your colleagues in related practice areas within the credit union, including information security, marketing, IT, compliance and product development.
Course material is updated with latest developments in the field of privacy law and best practice.
You will receive an IAPP kit (training for 1 student on the CIPP/C) that includes:
- Licensing fee for the participant to train on this designation,
- Electronic materials including Study Guide and e-textbook (Canadian Privacy – Data Protection Law and Policy for the Practitioner),
- Sample Exam Questions,
- Exam Voucher, and
- A year of IAPP Membership
What You’ll Learn:
- Canadian Privacy Fundamentals
- The Canadian Government and Legal System
- Enforcement Agencies and Powers
- Canadian Privacy Laws and Practices in the Private Sector
- Canadian Privacy Laws and Practices in the Health and Public Sectors
- Relevant investigations/case law for credit unions to be aware of
NOTE: All content will be made relevant to credit unions with lots of examples and discussion of credit union specific privacy issues and practices.
Date: November 4-6, 2020, 11:00 AM to 3:30 PM EST
Registration deadline is Oct 30.